Friday, July 10, 2009

Success!!!!!!!!!


We did it!!!!! I honestly didn't think it would work, being our first time and all, but I was wrong! As you can see the bacteria have been cultured and they glow very brightly! To be honest this wasn't the same DNA we started with because that particular part of the experiment failed miserably, but that's beside the point. We completed the transformation of an E. coli cell with a luminescent gene sequence. A good way to end the trip on a positive note. We are leaving Daejeon today and staying in Seoul for the remainder of the trip at Professor Kim's brother's house. It is there I will finally try dog soup. I am really sad to be leaving, I have made so many amazing friends, contacts, and memories here that it has become a second home. I will never forget this city and I will now make it a priority to return here and relive the dream. I hope I have inspired others to step outside their box and try new things through this blog. It has literately been a life changing experience and I would recommend that all students study or travel abroad at least once in their lives. Until next time- Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment