Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Leaving the home front....

안녕 (An nyoung, AKA Hello)! Thank you for your responses! I want to give a special shout out to all my friends in PLC, Honors, all other RSU students, professors, and my co-workers. When I get back we all need to hang out again and play Ultimate Frisbee! Or Halo! I am jealous that you get to eat authentic Italian food every day Lunk but at least I will lose weight in this particular country. If I were to go to Italy I believe I would return with a lot of extra luggage, and I don't mean the kind that goes in a bag! I can't believe I am leaving this Sunday. This will be my last chance to blog in the U.S. because I will be going on a float trip the 19th and on a river until the night before I head to Korea. If everything goes as planned I will be taking pictures of the trip there and when I arrive I will download them all for your viewing enjoyment. We will first be flying to Chicago, then Japan, and then Korea. There is a lot of concern for our safety while we are studying abroad due the the current situation with North Korea, but I have been assured South Korea is completely safe and that North Korea has been doing this kind of thing for years and nothing has changed yet. If things do get ugly I believe Professor Kim is a master of some secret form of martial arts, so in the rare event of a nuclear attack he can just round-house kick the missile back to where it came from. No sweat. Well, I better get packing, I will keep in touch every step of the way where I can find Internet. And if all of my wonderful comp professors could please make sure I blog with mostly proper grammar and spelling that would be great (this particular blog site doesn't have a very good spell check)! Also email me your address @ jsmulana@yahoo.com if you would like a post card. 안녕히계세요 (annyeonghi gyeseyo) Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if the trip was "still a go." Glad to hear you're nearly on your way. Good luck and have a great time. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok, you got me on the italian food thing, i'm working it off. i still don't envy the food, but you got the better deal when it comes to the company you keep ;)

    keep up the blogs,
    later.
    Lunk.

    ReplyDelete